Folger Education knows that the best way for students to understand Shakespeare’s language is to play with his words.
Our Shakespeare in Action workshops are interactive and lively learning programs that give students the opportunity to participate in our nationally-recognized active language learning techniques.
Workshops take place in the Folger’s Elizabethan Theatre or in our audition and rehearsal space. Each workshop is tailored to the needs of the student group and led by a team of Folger Docents.
- 90 minutes long
- Offered on select dates at 10am and 12pm
- The workshops are designed for classes or groups of students from 1st to 12th grade.
- Use performance-based learning to unlock the language of Shakespeare's works.
- There is a $100 fee per workshop.
- We can provide a free tour before or after your workshop.
If you have more than 60 students, please consider booking two workshops as we cannot guarantee that every student will get a chance to get on stage/participate.
How to Book a Workshop
Please fill out the form below. We will then review your request and send a confirmation letter and an invoice once your date is confirmed.
We ask that all requests are made at least 2 weeks prior to the preferred date; it gives our docents enough time to prepare for your visit.
For more information or to book a workshop, contact Kate Haase at (202) 675-0316 or firstname.lastname@example.org