Edmund Tearle and company in Julius Caesar, Olympic Theatre. Color lithograph, 1892.
Kate Balogh teaches English at Islamic Foundation School, Villa Park, IL
Julius Caesar 1.2.208-224
What's On for Today and Why
Reread a familiar section of Julius Caesar
Consider the text from the perspective of the speaker and the perspective of the characters on stage.
Create collections of visual images as representations of the text from a particular perspective
Discuss ways in which the visual representations develop meaning and understanding for the perspective and text.
This lesson , not including class time in a computer lab or for presentations, will take one 50-minute session to complete.
What You Need
Access to computer lab.
Laptop for class presentations of samples, and roundtable sharing session
Copies of the text
Access to Photostory or iMovie (see links below)
What To Do
1. Have students read Julius Caesar 1.2.208-224 for homework.
2. Follow this up with a class discussion identifying the context of the section of text, the speaker and the intended audience within the context of the play.
3. Ask students to consider and share how Caesar (the speaker) felt about Cassius, and conversely, how Antony (the immediate audience) felt. How did these characters each understand Caesar? What do they say/do that reveals these feelings?
4. Have students divide into pairs. Using the text and images of their own or found on the internet, have students create a collage that visually represents the text from the point of view and perspective of either Caesar or Antony.
5. Introduce the students to Photostory or iMovie.
6. Have students select at least one photo/image per line in addition to a reading of the text and textual clues on each slide.
7. After completion of the projects, have the students share what they learned or discovered about each particular perspective and how the ideas presented in the collages could be translated and reworked for stage production or dramatic reading; in other words, in what other ways could each individual perspective be made clear to the theatical audience?
How Did It Go?
Work will be assessed using a rubric prepared collaboratively with student and teacher recommendations and input. The rubric will assess the level of understanding of the perspective as it is apparent in the visual illumination.(See suggested rubric attached)
If you used this lesson, we would like to hear how it went and about any adaptations you made to suit the needs of YOUR students.
Talk about ways that they the actual visual representations produce that means as well as realizing for the standpoint as well as wording. invisalign braces
monu November 12, 2014 4:56 AM
This was the best website with lot useful information for the reader. Thanks for shring the post and keep the good works. You are the best, god bless you. Read our traveling blog :
Best Bali Tour, Amazing Bali Driver, Bali Day Tour, Bali Tour Driver, Bali Tour, Bali Day Tours, Bali Tours Driver
Wayan November 10, 2014 4:58 PM
Jets Pizza Coupons
Traci October 6, 2014 10:46 AM
Self-control technique google your personal recinded noggin associated with providing in your own flog needs. home decorator collection
monu October 4, 2014 8:33 AM
How to become surgical Technician,Here i looked some good opportunity to take a free classes for ultrasound technician.
will September 19, 2014 8:52 AM
CNA Classes I looked into some options to take FREE CNA classes, but I ultimately decided that this was not the right choice for me. The reason is that free CNA classes aren’t really free.
Dennis September 9, 2014 7:58 AM
Emulate this up beside a sort deliberation identifying the setting of the branch of topic, the orator furthermore the fiancé public interior the setting of the romp. NYC Modeling Agencies
monu August 7, 2014 6:26 AM
Cna online classesUpon completion of the course the students are eligible to take the American Red Cross Competency Exam to earn certification to be listed on the PA Nurse Aide Registry. After receiving their certification students may work in a local health care facility as a Nurses Aide. For many students this is the first step to a career in nursing.
Cna June 1, 2014 11:21 PM
Common Core State Standards
There are no standards associated with this Lesson Plan.
Note to Mozilla Firefox Users:
If the PDF documents are freezing, please try the following fix:
Go to Tools. Under Options click the Applications icon. Under Content Type, find Adobe Acrobat Document. Select Use Adobe Reader. If the option already says Use Adobe Reader, try changing the option to Use Adobe Acrobat.