Mark Miazga teaches 9th (MYP) and 11th (IB) English at Baltimore City College High School in Baltimore, MD.
Richard III 1.2
What's On for Today and Why
Students will use the website ChinSwing to practice delivering an IB Oral Commentary. In preparation, they will listen to a podcast of a model IB Oral Commentary from the 1.1.74-111 and then score according to the IB Rubric. They will then receive instruction about how to use the ChinSwing website.
What You Need
- Internet access, preferably with LCD Projector and speakers
- Thread started on Chinswing.com Oral Commentaries.
New Richard III passage – suggested 1.1.74-111. Students must be able to annotate.
What To Do
- Pass out “Notes on the IB Rubric” handout and review.
- Listen to podcast of “Preparing for IB Oral Commentary,” located at my website: http://mr.miazga.googlepages.com/folgershakespeareportfolio
- Listen to podcast of “Richard III Commentary Example,” also located at my website: http://mr.miazga.googlepages.com/folgershakespeareportfolio. Students should take notes according to the rubric and score the podcast.
- Pass out new passage (approximately 40 lines from later in 1.2 (121-164 a suggestion).
- Homework: Students must deliver an IB Oral Commentary on the Chinswing website. Teacher should have thread started already. Explain registration and specifics in classroom and have student recording a testing message on website before leaving for home.
- Students must have commentary on website by start of class the next day.
How Did It Go?
At the end of the lesson, the teacher should assess students’ color-coded annotation (not whether it is “right,” but whether student has engaged in genuine grappling with the text) and thesis statement.
If you used this lesson, we would like to hear how it went and about any adaptations you made to suit the needs of YOUR students.
The information you have posted is very useful mod apk free android
fitri November 26, 2014 1:40 AM
Website yang bagus, Obat Demam Berdarah Herbal
Obat Penyakit Asam Urat
firmansyah November 25, 2014 1:33 AM
Sangat Informatif sekali beritanya, terima kasih, Obat Tipes Tradisional
firmansyah November 24, 2014 9:37 PM
Sangat berkualitas tampilan websitenya, Ulasannya juga sangat informatif, Obat Asam Lambung Tradisional
firmansyah November 24, 2014 9:31 PM
The strength comes not from victory. We are the ones who bear the power struggle
obat kutil kelamin murah | obat kutil kelamin dokter
infosehat November 14, 2014 11:16 PM
When you're happy, you enjoy his music, but when you're sad that you absorb is his poetry. Because of a song is the word of the heart are reluctant to talk obat kutil kelamin ampuh | obat untuk kutil kelamin
infosehat November 14, 2014 2:44 AM
That is my first time visit here. From the comments on your articles, I imagine I am not only one having all the enjoyment in this article! www.gamezhacktool.com
fitri November 11, 2014 7:56 PM
kevin November 11, 2014 4:24 AM
share good stuff with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information and inspiration festa ninjago
Sheila October 13, 2014 5:59 PM
toddler bed rails
Traci October 6, 2014 11:06 AM
Common Core State Standards
There are no standards associated with this Lesson Plan.
Note to Mozilla Firefox Users:
If the PDF documents are freezing, please try the following fix:
Go to Tools. Under Options click the Applications icon. Under Content Type, find Adobe Acrobat Document. Select Use Adobe Reader. If the option already says Use Adobe Reader, try changing the option to Use Adobe Acrobat.