Mark Miazga teaches 9th (MYP) and 11th (IB) English at Baltimore City College High School in Baltimore, MD.
Richard III 1.2
What's On for Today and Why
Students will use the website ChinSwing to practice delivering an IB Oral Commentary. In preparation, they will listen to a podcast of a model IB Oral Commentary from the 1.1.74-111 and then score according to the IB Rubric. They will then receive instruction about how to use the ChinSwing website.
What You Need
- Internet access, preferably with LCD Projector and speakers
- Thread started on Chinswing.com Oral Commentaries.
New Richard III passage – suggested 1.1.74-111. Students must be able to annotate.
What To Do
- Pass out “Notes on the IB Rubric” handout and review.
- Listen to podcast of “Preparing for IB Oral Commentary,” located at my website: http://mr.miazga.googlepages.com/folgershakespeareportfolio
- Listen to podcast of “Richard III Commentary Example,” also located at my website: http://mr.miazga.googlepages.com/folgershakespeareportfolio. Students should take notes according to the rubric and score the podcast.
- Pass out new passage (approximately 40 lines from later in 1.2 (121-164 a suggestion).
- Homework: Students must deliver an IB Oral Commentary on the Chinswing website. Teacher should have thread started already. Explain registration and specifics in classroom and have student recording a testing message on website before leaving for home.
- Students must have commentary on website by start of class the next day.
How Did It Go?
At the end of the lesson, the teacher should assess students’ color-coded annotation (not whether it is “right,” but whether student has engaged in genuine grappling with the text) and thesis statement.
If you used this lesson, we would like to hear how it went and about any adaptations you made to suit the needs of YOUR students.
success is always to the website,
firmansyah December 15, 2014 10:00 PM
Info infonya, bagus bagus, sangat berwawasan, terima kasih...
firmansyah December 11, 2014 2:44 AM
jaya selalu untuk websitenya, dan semoga semakin sukses,
firmansyah December 10, 2014 9:38 PM
bagus websitenya, semoga makin sukses...
firmansyah December 9, 2014 10:03 PM
sukses untuk websitenya, mohon izin nih untuk berkunjung, terima kasih...
firmansyah December 8, 2014 10:10 PM
Sangat berkualitas tampilan Websitenya, Ulasannya juga sangat informatif,
firmansyah December 7, 2014 9:33 PM
Sukses selalu untuk Websitenya nih, juga sebelumnya izin berkunjung,
firmansyah December 5, 2014 11:09 PM
Website yang bagus...Terima kasih atas Informasinya, semoga semakin sukses...
firmansyah December 4, 2014 10:29 PM
obat penghancur lemak| cara mengobati kista|cara mengecilkan perut
neng December 4, 2014 9:16 PM
Thank you for the Information,
firmansyah December 3, 2014 9:40 PM
Common Core State Standards
There are no standards associated with this Lesson Plan.
Note to Mozilla Firefox Users:
If the PDF documents are freezing, please try the following fix:
Go to Tools. Under Options click the Applications icon. Under Content Type, find Adobe Acrobat Document. Select Use Adobe Reader. If the option already says Use Adobe Reader, try changing the option to Use Adobe Acrobat.